Saturday, September 3, 2011

Move to Kuwait


This is our one working indoor toilet.  It doesn't have a door, a seat or
toilet paper, but it sure beats a porta potty when it is 126 degrees
outside.  I bet you can imagine the smell of a 126 degree porta potty.

My room is 12'x 10' and for the moment I do not have a roommate.  We try to
keep people from messing with our rooms by flat out lying.  The refrigerator
says it contains pharmaceuticals and must not be unplugged (we are in
rolling power outages in the day) however if you were to open it you would
find skim milk, chocolate milk and a diet sprite and no pharmaceuticals.
The windows are blacked out as I sleep until 1000 am and at 0530 it is so
bright outside it will temporarily blind you.  When you have a roommate you
have to get up and go to the porta potty outside to take a leak.  It is very
hard to go back to sleep after walking 100 meters in the blinding sun and
heat.  Since I don't have a roommate I don't have to go outside anymore,
which is why I have so many empty bottles in my room.


Well it is official, we are moving to Kuwait.  Apparently all US troops
pulling out of Iraq means we are pulling out of Iraq for Kuwait where we
will fly into Iraq daily.  I think that is splitting hairs, but technically
our unit has not troops in Iraq.  Above Iraq, yes, but not in Iraq.  I will
keep you posted as we know more, but right not it doesn't look so well for 
us getting home in time for the holidays.




No comments:

Post a Comment