Monday, August 10, 2009

Kuwait


I went to Kuwait the other day for some training and to go into the city to have some fun. We drove into Kuwait City and we saw a lot of the city. I didn't bring any civilian clothes so I had to borrow a pair of pants from a really skinny Soldier and a shirt from a Soldier that was a lot bigger than me. I had been a bunch of times to Kuwait, but I was never driving, so we got lost a lot. We eventually made it downtown towhere we saw the Kuwaiti Towers. These were built a while ago and are some kind of very famous land mark in Kuwait. I don't really know what they mean or what they signify, but I got a picture with them. We saw the ocean and it was funny, but the women were out swimming in their Berkas (they were covered head to toe while the men wore speedos). We went to the Sharq mall which is the largest mall in Kuwait. All the stores were so expensive we couldn't buy anything in them even if we wanted to. I looked at a Mont Blanc pen, and I noticed the price was about $10,000. It had diamonds and platinum with a solid gold tip. Who would pay $10,000 for a pen? I think maybe I need to find a knock off Mont Blanc, kind of like my knock off Breitling watch. We ate at Applebes, in the picture you can see the Kuwaities in their man dressesbehind us. I then bought a candy bar from a store and it was a real piece of honeycomb, stuffed with peanut butter and dipped in chocolate. It was very weird but it tasted great. Once we got back to the base I bought a man dress from an Arab vendor and I almost bought a 6 foot Hookah but I knew Amber wouldn't be happy with that. The flight back was horrible. It was 128 degrees in Kuwait and the AC in our plane was broken so it was actually 130 degrees in the back. I have never been so hot in my life except in a sauna. Normally I would be going down there to Kuwait every two weeks, but since I am going on up to Sikes, it will be the last time for a while I will get to go down there.

2 comments:

  1. Tight pants and an oversized shirt sounds very 80's... and that is "so in" right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jumped on an opportunity to purchase a rental property over the 4th of  weekend. Mr Lee was quick to respond and since this was my first time getting a loan to buy a rental property , he was able to help me walk through the loan process. It was a great experience working with a good and kind loan lender Mr Lee. I hopefully know very well if you are looking for a loan to purchase a property or funding business purpose then Mr Lee will be able to help you with such a process here his details WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740.   /  247officedept@gmail.com  !”  

    ReplyDelete