Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Since I learned that someone is actually reading my blog, I should probably update it. I am no longer at Balad Air Base. I am at COB Adder, which is a little bit further south in Iraq. The further south obviously means it is hotter down here than back in Balad. I am in a non flying position working for Brigade (one eschelon higher than my job in Balad). The reason I am down here is because we fall under a unit here in Iraq that has no idea what we do as pilots. My job is to explain all the great stuff that our unit does. I spend all my time dumbing down briefs and answering questions. I will be here until November so since it will be a while I am going to put out my address here in Iraq in case anyone needs it:
CPT Michael Weipert
504th MI BDE
COB Adder
APO AE 09331
The one good thing about this place is that we have internet inside our room and the chow halls are really good. I have to share a room with a Lieutenant that stays up almost all night playing video games on his side of the room. At least I outrank him so he has to play his video games in the dark.The biggest reason why this place is lame is that I live 2 miles away from work. It takes me a half hour to walk to work each morning and night. I guess I am getting in good shape, but it takes forever to get around here. Oh well, two more months and I can go back to flying.

1 comment:

  1. "At least I outrank him so he has to play his video games in the dark." This cracked me up! I may start using it with the kids. "I out rank you. Do the dishes!"

    ReplyDelete