Friday, November 13, 2009

Scandal in Iraq

I will admit that the Army has had a couple black eyes with respect to our involvement in Iraq. Abu Ghraib was an embarrassment to the Army. The WMD never materialized in the capacity we expected. These two events pale in comparison with what is currently occurring right now in Iraq and the Liberal media is not covering it. President Obama can say the failing economy and Afghanistan are problems he inherited, but this occurred on his own watch. He allowed this to happen and I think that our political leaders should be held accountable. While I could get into a lot of trouble for writing this, the truth must come out.

For the last 5 days there has been no Diet Coke at COB Adder. No one can explain why there is no Diet Coke, but it has significantly impacted my morale. I would understand if the only thing we had was Diet Pepsi, while I am not a fan of Pepsi I could live with it. However there is no diet soda in the whole dinning facility. No Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi or even Diet 7-Up. I have been looking in the national papers and this isn't even mentioned by the media. No one is holding our leadership accountable. What do they expect me to drink when I eat my lunch? Water? I drink 2 gallons of water a day, but as human beings we have come a long way from living in huts in the jungle and I will not go back to drinking water with meals. Our ancestors came to this country because they wanted a better life for their families. I happen to think that part of a better life is the ability to drink a sugar free beverage instead of having to settle for water.

I know when many of you read this you will be so angry you will be called to action. While I know it may seem like a good idea to take up arms and march on Washington, violence is not the answer. Instead write your congressman, go on a hunger strike and remember this when you take to the polls in the future.

If I was able to ask the media one question it would be: Why is it that you haven't held the administration responsible for this mistreatment of America’s troops? I know the answer would be: well you can just buy Diet Coke at the shoppete 100 feet from where you work. So I am supposed to pay 45 cents for a can of Diet Coke? I don't think so! That's not the America I want to be a part of.

2 comments:

  1. I blame the Obama Administration for this wonderful change. I am sure he has the power to control diet coke rations in Iraq just like he can control our country's economy after 11 months. I am not sure what those other two branches of government are supposed to do. We all know the president is our ruler. I think the president can also control the weather. I can not believe the bush administration allowed such abuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know if it seemed apparent in my last comment.... but, this post cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete